Saturday 10 March 2012

Blood Ransom by Sophie McKenzie

Clones Rachel and Theo now live thousands of miles apart. They keep in touch, but things just aren't the same. When Rachel discovers that evil scientist Elijah is still working in secret for a section of the government and about to murder Daniel, she sets out to rescue the little boy, but her plans backfire with disastrous consequences. Theo sets off to find her.

 So one of my good friends suggested this series to me - and oh my gosh, if you've read my review on Blood Ties, you'll know I absolutely love it. So when my friend let me borrow the sequel, Blood Ransom, I was really eager to read it - and I wasn't disappointed. Both books kept up the theme of suspense and mystery, as well as loyalty and friendship. I think a reason a lot of people like this series is because it is fast-paced, and something is always happening; there are no long boring bits, which appeals to people of all different ages. However, although I did like this book a lot, I didn't like it as much as Blood Ties, because as fast-paced as McKenzie's books usually are, I just think it was a bit all over the place - one moment they were in America, then Scotland, then in Norway. Although the topic of clones is a bit sci-fi, I think the fact that they were all over the place made it more unrealistic, and harder to grasp the awfulness of the situations they were put in. But despite this, I think it is a very good book, and I'd recommend it to any sci-fi fans, and anyone who likes quick, easy-to-read books.
Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment