Saturday 7 April 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it


Can I just point out that the cover art and title for this book are amazing! Although it sounds harsh, many people do judge a book by its title and cover, so I'm pretty sure this one is flying off of the shelves. Anyway - it's a nice, easy book to read, about falling in love over a period of 24 hours. Although it's genre is young adult/reality, I have to say it wasn't realistic, with the fact that they managed to find each other so easily. I mean, it was Hadley's first visit to the place (and London is a very big place) yet she seemed not to get lost that much. If it was me, I wouldn't know whether I was going left or right, really.

But I did enjoy it. All the characters were likeable for their own individual reasons, and I found a lot of the conversations were actually quite interesting, although quirky. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who is quite a slow reader, and also likes books that have an easy storyline to follow. However, if you like a novel you can really sink your teeth into, this is not for you.
Rating:3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment