Sunday 1 September 2013

Book of the Month: August

I was actually quite worried this month, because for the majority of it, I hadn't rated any book five stars! Wanting to read at least one book that I knew I would enjoy, I fell back onto my safety series: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Naturally, I adored Shadow Kiss and predicted that it would be my book of the month. However, what I hadn't been banking on was Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. Although I love the VA series, this book left room for no contest.

You know those books that change the reader as a person? Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is definitely one of them. Sure, I was intrigued by the synopsis, but I didn't realise how much Leonard's story would actually affect me, fictional or otherwise. There are people out there who experience feelings similar to his, and my heart really goes out to them. So if you're looking for a book that will tear your heart out, go for this. It is one of my favourite reads this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment