Wednesday 26 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#1)

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


So the book I'm waiting on this week is: Destined by P.C. and Kristin Cast (Okay, so the book actually came out today - but my order hasn't arrived yet, so...yeah. I'm going to cheat a little bit.)

I've been excited about this book coming out for ages! I've followed the House of Night novels ever since Hunted (the 5th installment), and after all this time, I still consider the series to be in my top five favourite reads. At times, I do think that some of the books can get a bit dragged-out and boring - but in the last book, Awakened, a lot of stuff happened just before the end, so I've been eagerly awaiting this release to get some answers to my endless questions. I'm really excited to see what happens not only to Zoey, Stark and all their friends but also Heath, Kalona and Dragon. If the preview chapters are anything to go by, I really think this book is going to rekindle the spark that was present in the first few books. I also really love the cover art - perhaps more than the others?

8 comments:

  1. Captivating cover,sounds like a great choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't read this series but it sounds awesome! hope you get your copy soon! :)

    Hope you can stop by our WoW too. happy reading :)

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tribute Books Mama: thank you ^^

    chelleyreads: It really is a good series(: definitely worth the read. Yeah, I think my copy should come by Saturday, at the latest:D and sure, I will check it out right now

    Jill: thank you!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I bought it already and so far I'm enjoying it! I hop eyou enjoy it too when your copy comes in!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't get into this series. I read book 1 but I wasn't that impressed by it. All of my friends love it though.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand that - half of my friends love the series, the other half don't. A bit like Marmite, maybe?

    ReplyDelete