Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where you meet and follow different bloggers.
Question of the Week: Tell us a few of your favourite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.
I totally love this question! Music has been a major part of my life for a long time now, and I can pretty much write a 50+ list of all the bands I adore. My genre is a mix between rock, metal, Youtube, and alternative. Here are my top 10:
- A Day To Remember - I have so much love for this band, I cannot pick any one song that I love. My top favourites are: The Downfall of Us All, Have Faith In Me, You Had Me At Hello, This Is The House That Doubt Built, If It Means A Lot To You.
- You Me At Six - I have loved this band for years, with my favourite songs being Save It For The Bedroom, Little Death, Bite My Tongue and Contagious Chemistry.
- Asking Alexandria - their lyrics are so powerful. Check out Not Your American Average and A Lesson Never Learnt.
- Bring Me The Horizon - some of their songs can bring me to tears: Don't Go is a must-listen.
- Nirvana - who doesn't love them? Old school, but still great - must listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are.
- Starkid - I am becoming increasingly obsessed with this Michigan-based drama group; check out Not Alone and Gotta Get Back To Hogwarts.
- The Pretty Reckless - Make Me Wanna Die, and You make me cry. A lot.
- Deaf Havana - This is a band that you can listen to in any mood; Friends Like These is a great song.
- Ed Sheeran - I reckon that no matter what genre you are most attracted to, you'll still love Ed Sheeran! Lego House is amazing (and not just because the video stars Rupert Grint!)
- All Time Low - this band was my favourite band for years, until they became more pop than rock. It has to be in my Top Ten though, because they created my favourite song of all time; Remembering Sunday.