Thursday 3 October 2013

Book of the Month: September

Between July and August, I read a heck of a lot of books! I stormed through them as if 100 pages was merely 10 - most of my life was taken up by the blog. Then I started my A-Levels. Over the past few weeks, I've barely read anything (which I blame solely on Tess of the D'Urbervilles, my first English Literature required reading) However, now that I've finished Tess (yay!) I'll actually have time to - gasp! - pleasure read again!

However, despite not reading much, I still did come across some amazing books. Although I rated both Crewel and Tess of the D'Urbervilles five stars, my favourite read this month just has to be Crewel by Gennifer Albin. I love the dystopian form, but since I've read so much of it, I'm starting to see the same ideas repeated over and over again. Crewel was new and completely unique; it refreshed my love for this genre, and I cannot praise it enough. I've got my fingers crossed that the sequel, Altered, will be just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment