Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.
Top Ten... Top Ten Books I Was "Forced" to Read
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - made to read by my English teacher, and it is my favourite modern classic ever.
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy - made to read by my other English teacher, and this is my favourite classic. It took a while and was incredibly depressing, but it was worth it.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding - Worst. Book. Ever. I will never forgive my first English teacher for setting this on the syllabus.
- Paper Towns by John Green - I went to a book club once, and came back from it with this book and the book below. I adored both, and have been major fans of the authors ever since.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter - My friend made me read this, and although I'm not seriously addicted to the series, it's good.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - My best friend made me read this, and I'll never be able to repay her. Despite it breaking my heart, this book changed my life, for the better.
- Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway - After her raving review, my fellow blogger, Tyler, got me to read this book. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but it was alright.
- Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie - I pretty much thrust The Hunger Games into my friend's hand, so how could I refuse when she thrust this series back? I actually really enjoyed it - nothing too heavy, but it introduced me to an amazing author.
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen - This was my friend's favourite book, and she finally returned the copy to the library so I could read it. I fell in love. It's short, simple, but amazing.