Thursday 24 November 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.


So I was stupidly excited when I stumbled across this book in the library, since I had been searching for it for ages. And I was so pleased by it! The novel is basically set 3 years after the end of If I Stay, and this time is told from the POV of Adam - which was definately one of it's best features. Throughout the previous novel, I was constantly dying to get inside his head - so when I finally did, I had really high expectations - and I wasn't disappointed. As I read, it felt like I could feel Adam's emotions brushing off on me, since they were all so raw and so clear. You can feel his pent-up hurt and anger, and when the two finally come face-to-face again, I didn't know whether I wanted them to kiss and make up, or for Mia to just go and crawl into a hole. Forman is such a talented author, and she somehow always manages to capture my attention and draw me into the story, even if it is just a recap of the previous novel. The sequel to the hugely popular If I Stay gave the closure the characters - and the readers - badly needed, and I'm eagerly waiting for whatever novel I am sure she will write next.
Rating:4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment