Wednesday 30 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#5)

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I am waiting on: Everlasting by Elizabeth Chandler.

For those of you who have followed me since October, you may have read my review on the previous Kissed By An Angel book, Evercrossed, with which I gave a rating of 5 because I really didn't like it. There was no need to continue the series, and everything about it was just...repeating on what we finally got around to solving in the third book. But I guess I can't help but want to read on - like I said: Kissed By An Angel was my all-time favourite book for many years, and even if I don't like it's continuation, I still feel a need to see it through to the end. Anyway - I will leave you with the blurb from Goodreads:

Ivy should be ecstatic that her formerly-dead boyfriend Tristan is back on earth with her, but the life of a fallen angel is never easy. Tristan has been cast down in the body of a murderer, and the police are after him. Now, there's only one way that he and Ivy can be together: they must clear him of the murder.
But when it becomes clear that there are darker forces at work, and Tristan and Ivy are still paying the price for Ivy's miraculous survival of the car crash, these starcrossed lovers have more at stake than ever before. And one of them may not be alive much longer...

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the sounds of this one! Awesome pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself loyal to series even when one of the books disappoint. I always hope the next book will be better. Here is my WOW.

    http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-wow-november-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giselle: Thank you ^^

    JC Jones: I am usually the same - like with the House of Night books. But certain series I just can't stick with, because it isn't just one bad book, it's a series of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of it! Like that rose! Is it a rose?? Thank you for sharing! Great pick!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam: Yeah, it sounds pretty alright (: yeah, i think D: though I'm not great with flowers.

    ReplyDelete