Thursday 2 May 2013

Book of the Month: April

The books I've reviewed this month have varied; one 4-star, five 3-stars, three 2-stars - and then *gasp* - four 5-star-ratings! Can you believe it? Am I losing my harshness or something? Nah, I'm just joking - each of these four books deserved the rating they got, because they were utterly amazing. Clockwork Princess, the final book to one of my favourite trilogies, was breathtaking; it had everything I had hoped for, and so much more. The Truth About You and Me that brought tears to my eyes. Anna and the French Kiss, of a genre I despise - yet this book made me love it, because it was so hilarious and relatable. However, I still think there is a clear winner.


Wonder by R.J.Palacio took me a day to read. I've been hearing about it from others for months - everyone raving on and on about how it's an eye-opening, heartfelt tale, meant for adults, teens and children alike. When I got the opportunity to review it, well of course I went ahead and said yes - but oh my days, I have since bought myself a hardback copy. It is one of those books that every single person must read at some point or another. It made me cry tears of anger and hatred and happiness and everything else in between. It really is eye-opening, as it shows you humanity at its most brutal and at its best.


I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.

August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He's about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you've ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie's just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, despite appearances?

2 comments:

  1. Cool Review. Everyone loves this so im glad it didn't dissapoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great read - one of the only books I've come across the truly deserves this much hype.

      Delete