Wednesday 29 August 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#22)

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I was surprised to find that on Goodreads, barely anyone has marked this as to-read! This week, I am waiting on Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer.

Now I'm sure everyone knows I'm a big fan of Colfer, and this novel is basically a book of his upcoming movie, Struck By Lightning. And considering both were written by Chris himself, I'm guessing that they will share the same dark humor and endless wit that he has. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal follows the story of outcast high school senior Carson Phillips, who blackmails the most popular students in his school into contributing to his literary journal to bolster his college application; his goal in life is to get into Northwestern and eventually become the editor of The New Yorker. At once laugh-out-loud funny, deliciously dark, and remarkably smart, Struck By Lightning unearths the dirt that lies just below the surface of high school. At a time when bullying torments so many young people today, this unique and important novel sheds light with humor and wit on an issue that deeply resonates with countless teens and readers.

Now if that hasn't sparked your interest, I honestly don't know what will! Here's the link to go and add it to your Goodreads - I have high hopes for this novel, and I hope you do now, too. Happy reading, and don't forget to enter our international giveaway - only two days left!

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting! I'll check it out! Great pick! :D

    My WoW post! 

    Btw....I'm a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I haven't read the synopsis of this yet but it does sound really good. I will definitely add this to my list.

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete