Friday 21 December 2012

Follow Friday (#17)


Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where you meet and follow different bloggers.

Question of the Week: What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?

Well, I never knew what ARC meant, for sure! I think the best thing I've learnt about the publishing world is how accessible it is. When I used to just read novels, you'd see all these big names - HarperCollins, Bloomsbury, Simon & Schuster - and they'd just seem so foreign and, frankly, intimidating. Since I started Project Read and Review, I've talked to so many publishing companies, and now I know how lovely all the workers there are, and how easy it is to talk to them. The same goes for authors - they're not just a name on a book cover, they are actually real people who do have the time of day to talk to you. 

So what have you learnt from book blogging? Post a comment below - and don't forget to enter my New Year, New Books! giveaway.

3 comments:

  1. I share your feelings, talking to big publishing companies can be scary specially because most of the communication is via e-mail and you don't get the full sense of the person in the other side.
    Old Follwer
    Lil Berry @ Forget About TV, Grab a Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes! The ARC! The most popular answer today! I didn't realize how wonderful ARCs were until I started seeing more of them when I started blogging in 09! I got my first one in 10 and it was one I was DYING to read! So it made it all the more special!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, trying to contact big name publishers seems so intimidating to me!

    New GFC follower, my FF: http://2ndbooktotheright.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-and-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete