Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.
Top Ten... Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
- Divergent by Veronica Roth - whilst the UK covers aren't that bad, they have no contest on the US covers. Why can't we have the same design?
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling - I love my copies of these, but recently the UK have brought out new ones that are too bright or too bland and I just want the old ones back.
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield - Love the books, hate the covers. They don't fully represent how amazing the series is.
- The House of Night series by P. C. and Kristin Cast - I'd redesign it so that they went back to their original black covers. Nine out of ten of my HoN books have one design, the others have another. Rude.
- Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan- The sequel's cover looks nothing like the first cover.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - I think that if they were more asthetically attractive, a lot of people would be drawn to them.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding - All the covers suck. But then, the book kind of sucked so maybe it fits?
- The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling - Maybe I'm just too used to the gorgeous HP covers, but TCV cover was very conservative and boring in comparison. It didn't stand out.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I love this series, but none of the covers have really been up my street.
- Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - I adore the US editions, but the UK editions...I just don't know. When Crash Into You was released, I genuinely thought it was a joke - it is literally Armentrout's Onyx cover except they've badly photoshopped blonde hair and a different shirt.