Tuesday 6 December 2011

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Clary is back in New York and life is good: she's training to be a Shadowhunter and is finally ale to call Jace her boyfriend. But nothing comes without a price. When Jace inexplicably begins to pull away from her, Clary is forced to acknowledge that she herself has set in motion a chain of events that could lead to the loss of everything she loves. Even Jace.


Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenege. The stakes are higher than ever.

I have heard quite a few bad reviews on this book, saying that there was no need to continue on the trilogy, and that it was basically the same story being told over and over again. But I completely disagree. Even though I do have my doubts sometimes about whether certain series should continue or not, this one definitely should have. At the end of City of Glass, I thought that all the untied ends had been tied, and that all the mysteries were solved - but from reading this book, I can see that there were a lot of openings that had seemed unimportant then, but were actually great storylines. First of all, we meet the exclusive Camille, who Raphael briefly mentioned in the previous book as being the real leader of the Manhattan vampire clan, who he was covering for currently. We are also introduced to a character called Kyle - who ends up being quite important - and we get a further look into the POV's and lives of Alec, Simon, Isabelle and Maia, as well as Jace and Clary. I have to say, the latter two are grinding on me a bit - I know they are the main characters, but honestly? There is only so much of their relationship I can take, and the fact that they have only just gotten together and are already falling apart is irritating me. However, I can see how them falling apart has got to be part of the plot, which is stupidly good - and although I hate giving away spoilers, there is Sebastian/Jonathan Valentine action in it - but to have any more information, you will have to read it! Clare is a brilliant author, and has yet again made me fall in love with this series, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves books based on mythical creatures.
Rating:4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment