Wednesday 21 December 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (#8)

Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, the book I am waiting on is: Hollow by Richard Denney.

Welcome to the house of Hollow.
In a dystopian future, sixteen year old Leah Munro has been sold to a rich woman in a crippling mansion. Soon Leah discovers that there is something mysterious going on around the home, and with the help of three other girls, she attempts to uncover what is truly happening... what lies beyond all of the plexiglass windows and the hideous screams in the middle of the night? Leah will soon find out.


As soon as I saw the cover art for this book, I knew that it would end up as one of my WOW's. For one thing, isn't the girl beautiful? To me, she seems to be the perfect fit for the character of Leah, because by the sounds of things she is going to be courageous and fiery - and since the girls hair is red, I thought it was a nice combination. The blurb is also really entrapping; although I am firmly against slave labour and trading, I am intruigied by this idea, as well as it being set in a 'dystopian future'. It is also set to be a two-book series, which I find great as well , considering the fact that I don't particularly like stupidly long book series. Overall, I think this book is going to be a great hit with many different kinds of people, especially since there is nothing like it around at the moment. I really cannot wait for it!

So - what are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment