Wednesday 7 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#6)

'Waiting on Wednesday' is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, the book I am waiting on is: Fracture by Megan Miranda.

I put this book on my Goodreads 'To-read' list a week or two ago, and thought it definitely deserved to be this week's WoW. Here's the Goodreads synopsis:

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?


Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.


Sounds great, doesn't it? If the overall blurb didn't intruige me, the last sentence does; If I Stay and Before I Fall, especially, are some of the best-written and interesting books I have ever read - I know I've probably said this before, but the whole life-after-death thing fascinating - I mean, what does happen? I love author's interpretations of it, and this book sounds like it's going to be just as good as the two mentioned above. I also really like the cover art - it's a very cold blue, and is quite depressing, which mixes in with the theme of death. And then you have the girl-  who I presume is Delaney- reflected against herself, as if in water - which makes sense, because she drowned in a lake. So to sum it all up, I think the plot is brilliant, the cover amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! I definitely cant wait for Fracture either!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm super excited for Fracture It sounds freaking awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britanni: Thank you ^^

    Giselle: Yeah :D it sounds so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one around a lot and it looks great! Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! Can't wait for Fracture! It sounds so amazing!

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: Thank you ^^ yeah, I think a lot of people are looking forward to it

    Susanne: Thanks :D it does, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete