Tuesday 16 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.

So my original Tuesday meme was Teaser Tuesday...though I only did it once, months ago, and I just kept forgetting to do it again! So for a fresh start - and because more people are jumping onto this memes bandwagon - I've decided to switch it out for Top Ten Tuesday.

Top Ten...Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
  1. Megan Curd - I finished Steel Lily about a week ago, and I absolutely fell in love! Curd is a fantastic writer, and she has such a way with words that just drag you into the story. She is one of my favourite indie authors to date.
  2. Debbie Dee - another favourite indie author of mine. I've read both The Last Witch and The Underground Witch, which has such a unique concept and is delivered beautifully.
  3. Jennifer L. Armentrout - this may seem like a strange choice, but hear me out. Armentrout gets mentioned in the blogging world a lot, but outside of our nerdiness, she's rarely spoken about. I don't see any of her books in shops, and I definitely think she's the kind of author who should have her novels in stores all across the world.
  4. Sarah J. Maas - the Throne of Glass series is slowly starting to make a name for itself, but I still think that there should be more hype. The books are flawless - I can't credit them enough, annd no amount of words I say will really sum up what an amazing series this is.
  5. Cat Clarke - I've read two of her books and have the third one on my Kindle, and I've enjoyed them all equally. I haven't seen many people actually mention her, though.
  6. Tabitha Suzuma - possibly in my top five favourite authors list - Suzuma is amazing! I have read all of her books, and I'm constantly left craving more. They're a bit quirky, and deal with some difficult but realistic topics, and I can't wait to get my hands on Hurt.
  7. Josephine Angelini - a bit of a weird one, I guess. She gets creditted and mentioned, but I adored the Starcrossed trilogy, and I just want more people to know about it. Greek mythology crossed with YA has been done over and over again, but I really think Angelini nailed it.
  8. Markus Zusak - in my opinion, The Book Thief is a must-read. I've never found anything else out there that is quite like it, and it left me with a serious book hangover. Zusak isn't to everyones taste, but I'd highly recommend his work.
  9. Jennifer Brown - I've only read one of her books, Hate List, but I adored it and already have several other of her novels sat on my TBR list. Brown has an incredibly good imagination when it comes to coming up with plot ideas, and it makes a very interesting read. I'm starting to see her about a little bit more, but not as much as she deserves!
  10. Jenny Downham - I guess since Before I Die was turned into the movie Now Is Good, Downham has received a lot more reception for her books. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them, but unfortunately, she seems to have gone a little bit off the radar of late. I've got my fingers crossed that she'll make a return soon!
So what authors do you think are under-appreciated? Leave a comment below with a link to your blog!

12 comments:

  1. Great top ten! Sarah Maas is on my list too, I loved Throne of Glass.

    my TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove JLA and Josephine Angelini! I think Josie might still be a little too "new" for some people. Granted she does have 3 books out in her trilogy, but for people who aren't readers/bloggers and read excessively, a lot of our fave authors might not be as popular as they are to us.

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's why I've put some of the more talked about authors in here, simply because aside from bookworms, most people don't know about them.

      Delete
  3. I didn't put JLA on my list, because I thought she was popular, but you have a good point. I never thought of that, now I'm sad about it.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I mean, she does get recognition, so maybe it doesn't match with this week's question?

      Delete
  4. Sarah J. Maas I definitely agree! She is an absolutely wonderful writer :D
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I don't know how many people I've told to read her books!

      Delete
  5. I really was tempted to put JLA in mine as well (as I mentioned at the end) So I'm actually glad you put her in yours! Same with Maas! I thought she was very popular in the blogosphere, didn't even think about outside!

    Love the fact you're joining Top Ten as well Nina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA is far more popular in the blogging world than Maas, but word of her work is starting to get out, especially since the release of Crown of Midnight is close C:

      Delete
  6. Good list, I love Marcus Zusak as well and I've been meaning to read another book by him since I finished The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read I Am Messenger by him - it wasn't as good, but was an interesting concept.

      Delete